NJSLC 2011 Group 5

July 11th, 2011 awilli13

When one attends a conference, they always hope to leave with a ton of new connections, ideas, and stories. It’s not often that one leaves with life-long friends. On July 7, 2011 at 8:45AM on the Information Commons at the Loyola University– Chicago, I met 14 student leaders, who were placed in Group 5. These individuals helped to make my experience in Chicago, at the National Jesuit Student Leadership Conference [NJSLC] worthwhile.

Top Row (left to right): Christopher Brown, Loyola University – Maryland; Elizabeth Slamkowski, Gonzaga University; Joe Colak, Xavier University; Robert Olson (Group Leader), Loyola University- Chicago; Hannah Archuleta, Creighton University; Lexy Pickett, Le Moyne College; Pete Hayden, John Carroll University; and Emilia Twomey, Saint Joseph’s University; Top Row (left to right): Antonio Willis-Berry, College of the Holy Cross; Kevin Tran, Loyola University – New Orleans; Gabriela Santiago-Romero, University of Detroit Mercy; Ryan O’Toole, Fordham University; and Nicole Gaddie, Seattle University

The conversations, stories, and adventures we shared were the best part of the conference in my opinion and helped to make me a better leader. We were 14 individuals, from 14 different Jesuit institutions, who came together by mere chance, who had lots of fun together, and commenced our bond by dancing together at the NJSLC party on the last night.

I am glad for the opportunity to have gotten to know every single one of them and I hope that our friendship continues well beyond NJSLC 2011.

Peace, love, and happiness,

Antonio

3 Responses to “NJSLC 2011 Group 5”

1. Superb blog…

Hiya, I’m really glad I’ve found this info. Today bloggers publish just about gossip and net stuff and this is actually irritating. A good blog with interesting content, that’s what I need. Thank you for making this web site, and I’ll be visiting a…

2. Nancy says:

Thanks for the share!
    Nancy.R

3. Julian Dirks says:

Hi there! Nice resource! I really enjoyed reading it.